8/11/11

Changes....

So I have been really trying hard to make a few changes in our families life. I will admit every since we moved here I have had some excuse like "I am Pregnant" etc... Well I will just list them off for you..
1. Family time- This one Lucas and I have talked about alot and we don't do family time. Even though we are super busy this is very important. We have been making an effort at least once a week.
2. Dating - Lucas and I hate dating I think it is secretly cause we don't like eachother (just kidding). We figured it is time to see if we like eachother with out kid distractions. I got a babysitter and we went to dinner. I have to say we enjoyed it alot and I will agree all parents need time away from there kids.
3. Cooking - I am finally after almost 10 years of marriage cooking. Now Lucas has some mixed feelings about my dishes. Actually he either hates it or says he wouldn't mind it again. Lucas is a very good cook so its super tough to please him. My favorite day is Crock pot Wednesdays, I love crock pot meals.. I just discovered that our crock pot is old, and we really need a new one. Lucas says he is loving the fact that I am in charge and that we eat out hardly at all because I always am planning something. It is actually really fun "right now", but hopefully I can get better.

4- Disciplining - This has been super hard because I finally realized "Time out" for legz was not working. I know I am a super hard parent on Legz, I want her to be a nice kid. So now that she is old enough she now gets grounded. This is working out alot better because she doesn't like it, so I know its working. This means she stays in her room all day and only gets potty breaks and eating. I love when lucas calls and says "what are we doing"? I say nothing legz is grounded. I love how lucas always chuckles about it. However it is slowly working she has been super sweet and kind she still has her days but at least if I say grounded she gets scared.

2 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

My parents would put us in the green chair or make us watch church movies as punishment. There were several times I looked at the chair and despised it. I love cooking, it's my way of relaxing and taking a break from homework, and I love cooking in the crock pot, so good.

Lib-Dawg said...

I have to chuckle with Lucas on the "grounding" that's so funny, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Sounds like you have some pretty cool things going on. Good luck in the cooking department - I hope you keep enjoying it!

Looks like you had fun in St. George - what a woman you are to make that long trip with just you and your two kids. I wish I could've seen you when you passed through - was not having a good day, or week for that matter. I'll catch you next time though!!!!!! ;)