7/28/10

Update...

Well we had a pretty scary experience with Legz... She got sick on Sunday were not sure how cause the last time she even was around kids was at the movies on wed early afternoon? So by Tuesday morning she had been doing better she had been just laying around Sunday and Monday but by Tuesday she had actually started drinking and eating and even going outside... Well Lucas had gotten home and went up stairs and was laying by her when it started: I was downstairs when I heard him screaming my name I quickly ran upstairs to find that he had his fingers in her mouth and said she is having a seizure. I quickly dialed 911, hysterically I was telling the operator to send and ambulance to our home. After her seizure she fell limp on Lucas shoulder. The 911 operator was telling me to see if we could wake her up and talk to her, but we could not. By this time the ambulance had arrived, they gave legz some Valium and stripped her down because she was burning up. As me and Legz raced to the hospital in the ambulance, I could not stop crying. They took her into a room and started to put IVs in her take her blood pressure putting oxygen on her face and so forth they did so much poking of her I couldn't stop bawling. They finally wheeled us into our room to monitor her and about an hour later she had another seizure. I have to say seeing your child seize, is the most horrifying thing I have ever seen in my entire life. The doctors then explained that this was not normal, she should not have had a seizure after she was given Valium. This is a drug to stop seizures. (Valium is the most horrifying drug her pupils where fully dilated and she couldn't see or hear you) This is when they talked with all the doctors in the hospital, before they approached us to say they would like to do a spinal tap. They wanted to make sure her brain does not have an infection. So we agreed for them to do a spinal tap. This is not a fun procedure and we could not be in the room when it was being done. Her test came back clean which was a sigh of relief for us and the hospital staff. Well she has had Febrile Seizures also known as Fever Seizures, we need to be super careful with her from now on. I have been told if she even starts to have a fever I need to jump on top of it right away because she has had these she is more than likely going to have them again. The doctor told me to carry a thermometer and Tylenol around with me to be safe. Also they told us not to leave her alone anymore for example leaving her in the bath tub to play while I go fold clothes in the other room, things I would never even think of we need watch her all the time especially around water. They have educated me and Lucas on what to do when she has another Seizure. What a very scary night they sent us home with an antibiotic and I made and appointment with her pediatrician to check her vitals again today. She is doing alot better but she won't walk, her back is bruised. Because of the spinal tap and she cries cause it hurts to walk, so me and Lucas have been carrying her around.
What a tuff little girl she was amazing. We Love you Legacy.

10 comments:

The York's said...

So glad to hear everything is ok. I'm sure it was horrible for all of you. I hope you never have to go through that again.

Anisa said...

I'm still so worried about her. I hope she is okay! I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Lib-Dawg said...

HOLY FREAK!!!! How scary, I cried just reading about it. So, I can imagine you crying all day!!! I hope the dr. apt. goes well and she heals up fast from her spinal tap. She is for sure in my prayers.

DAVIS' said...

When i was reading this i just cant stop crying. poor little legz we love you and have thought about you ever sent's we herd you were sick. please get better soon and tell your mommy the only thing that will make you feel better is if you jump in the car and come to St. George to see your little aunt Shahr.

Erin Evelyn said...

Oh my scary! I can't even imagine how horrible this must have been for you guys! Just reading this made me sick to my stomach worried about my little legz! Please give her a hug and a kiss for me. I hope she starts to feel better soon. and please keep upadting with any more news about her.

Rachel Doyle said...

Thank you for the update -- I have been worried for you and her ever since I heard. We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers.

nateandcj said...

I am so sorry Shellie that you had to go through this. I hope that all is well with your little girl.

Rachel said...

Oh man, how scary! I've heard about those things and that just does not sound fun. Hopefully that was the first and last time! :)

wendypepper said...

Oh my goodness! I do remember that having sick children was AWFUL but I NEVER had to deal with anything like that. How strong you all are. My love to your dear little family!!!!

Mrs Buchanan said...

That sounds so terrifying. I hope Legacy and you and Lucas are all okay. I can't even imagine how terrible that would be. You'll all be in my prayers.