For a few years now I have been using the "Nike Plus" for running. I recently got the Garmin Forerunner 405 and ditched my Nike Plus(because I don't listen to music, and wanted different running shoes because with the Nike Plus you are restricted to just Nike's). Here is the problem I am running into I have memorized off of my Nike Plus where each mile marker was so I always knew how far I was running. Me and Lucas even tested the Nike Plus against his hand held Garmin on a trail with Mile markers and the Nike plus was almost exact while his hand held Garmin was off. So here is my dilemma:
I have been running with my watch and it is not matching the Nike. Now I knew it wouldn't but I thought it would come in semi-close but it is not!
So if I say the Garmin is correct - then I come to the conclusion that I ran way farther than I thought in a session with my Nike Plus. So I guess I have to say my Garmin wins!

3 comments:
oh my gosh shellie seriously you are so awesome! i wish i was as fit as you!! :)
The Garmin is probable more acurate as the crow flies. The Nike is probably more acurate with the ups and downs.
Hmmm...I don't know because all I can afford is my car speedometer, which is probably SUPER wrong. I would love a watch like that someday. I do need one for work because mine that I normally wear is to nice for digging in the dirt.
Post a Comment