Ok so I know this is going to seem like a wierd post for me because I am not a very open person about how I am feeling but here goes...
So about a year ago I was getting ready to say good bye to my husband because he was moving to Wyoming and I was staying in Utah. He had gotten a new job and we were moving but I had to finish up my job there and finish packing and working out the details of our home that was sold. Now I loved this home I would cry as I was packing because I didn't want to move I so didn't want to move. After we moved to Wyoming I kept saying to Lucas "Will it ever get any easier to look at pictures of this home without crying"? He of course said it would, but I was thinking it would never. But today as I am looking back and I miss so much about our life a year ago from Sunday dinners to running around the daybreak lake. (I know I didn't live in daybreak but I sure loved being over there visiting and playing all the time).
But it does get easier, this is a question I have been asking myself over the past year. And let me tell you we had a hell of a year which didn't make anything easier or better. Now I feel like even though sometimes I miss living in this home and the life we had, the new life we are creating is so much better.
I do know that Lucas is an amazing man, I could list off all the qualities that make him so wonderful. But I will just end with how much I love him and how I couldn't live one single day without him.
So about a year ago I was getting ready to say good bye to my husband because he was moving to Wyoming and I was staying in Utah. He had gotten a new job and we were moving but I had to finish up my job there and finish packing and working out the details of our home that was sold. Now I loved this home I would cry as I was packing because I didn't want to move I so didn't want to move. After we moved to Wyoming I kept saying to Lucas "Will it ever get any easier to look at pictures of this home without crying"? He of course said it would, but I was thinking it would never. But today as I am looking back and I miss so much about our life a year ago from Sunday dinners to running around the daybreak lake. (I know I didn't live in daybreak but I sure loved being over there visiting and playing all the time).But it does get easier, this is a question I have been asking myself over the past year. And let me tell you we had a hell of a year which didn't make anything easier or better. Now I feel like even though sometimes I miss living in this home and the life we had, the new life we are creating is so much better.
I do know that Lucas is an amazing man, I could list off all the qualities that make him so wonderful. But I will just end with how much I love him and how I couldn't live one single day without him.

6 comments:
I like blog posts like this...I mean I post personal stuff all the time. Anyway, look how much you are growing and changing by moving away. You get to rely on each other - which should strengthen your marriage, and be in a different area (state even) - that takes you out of your comfort zone. I'm totally jealous that you are having these new experiences and can't wait to move on to the next chapter of my life. So, live it up for me will ya!
I'm an emotional person. Ask Rachel. I keep a picture of my Dad and my sharpei, Maxwell at my desk because they were both a huge part of my life for so long.
I will be a total wreck the day we leave this home. So I'm just trying to live in the moment and enjoy these memories.
One day I will be adding this home to my picture collection.
Rachel said the most profound thing to me a few weeks ago. I said: "... yeah we will look back on this time and just laugh... 'Remember when we lived in that small brick rambler in the slums of Provo?'"
She said:
'I would've said: 'Remember that home we took our babies home to?'
It may get easier with time. Time takes away some of the emotion, but it won't take away the memories.
When I moved I was so nervous, I was eating Tums like candy because I was nauseous, but moving was the best thing that I ever did, and I've grown a lot from it. It sounds like you are growing a lot. Like my mom always tells me whenever I'm struggling with anything: "You're building character." I don't know how true that is, but it definitely sounds like you are!
Of course you know I completely understand that feeling. Although I've been past ours many times, Mike only recently drove by for first time and said it was way sad for him.
Don't think I know anyone who has not had some crazy shizz go on lately. There's comfort in numbers I guess.
You KNOW I completely understand that feeling. I have gone by our cabin house lots of times so the kids can play with friends. I am mostly ok with it now, but if I'm in the wrong mood, it can be devastating. Just the other day Mike went by for the first time and he said it made him so sad.
So many have had some crappy times lately, there's a bit of comfort in numbers I guess?
I know that was probably hard for you to post, but hopefully you know I'm so glad you moved here. It's not a place of choice, I think most of us don't live in Rock springs because we want to, but it is what you make it, and I think we've started to make it pretty fun. And definitely more fun to come!
Post a Comment