I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I made a shelf awhile ago for our house. I used crown moulding for the supports. My mom has always wanted one like it for her house. Finally, I have plenty of extra time to work on it. I was Just in St. George and knew I would be back in a month with my truck, so I figured it was the perfect time to make it for her. I got her specs.; She wanted the shelf wider and about 10 feet long. I knew I was going to have to make it a little different because the crown moulding would not protrude out far enough for the wider shelf. I used a narrower board for the bottom and kind of boxed the crown molding. Then to hang the shelf I will screw a 2x2 board to the wall and then screw the top of the shelf down to that. I will post a picture of it hanging in mom's room. I was thinking of trying to sell them on KSL at about $10 a foot. Any thoughts on that?
Miserable While Eating
-
Maybe the reason why you can't change to a healthy diet is because food has
become this profound visceral experience every time you sit down to a meal.
Fla...
14 years ago

6 comments:
I don't know about selling anything. I personally, have yet to make anything I think is worthy of selling. Your shelve however, looks like a good bet. The price is certainly right. Why do your have time for projects? Isn't your life as crammed as always? If not, I'll bet I could come up with several projects, a talented girl like you, could do for 'good 'ol Auntie Wendy. [smile]
My husband actually makes the shelf not me... I can't even hang a photo, when it comes to handy stuff it is totally him
I think that would be a great price!!! I would advertise your shelves on my blog as well.
Totally sell them! What a great idea!
I love it and would like to place an order - seriously -- call me or email me -- I would love a couple for my house.
I think it looks great! I'd buy one. You should defiinitely try to sell them on KSL. Just start a blog showing different ones you've done. Then from your KSL Ad, people can link over to the blog. It'll seem more professional, plus you can post as many pics & put as much text as you want.
Post a Comment