10/21/08

Doctors!!!

Legz had a bad day yesterday let me tell you!!! So somehow during the day she got a hold of a pen and colored in her ear! Tyler a guy from my work says that is a sign of an ear infection. So I was like well that would explain her crabbiness lately. So I called and the only time they had left was at 9:00pm last night. So when I took her to the doctor, it turns out she does have an ear infection. I totally got teary eyed and the Doctor told me it was ok, and that I brought her in now. I felt like a horrible MOM I didn't even pick up that she had an ear ache... So she gave her an antibiotic this is her first one she has never gotten one before! The Doc also gave her ear drops to help numb the ear for the pain. I drove to a Wal-Greens after to fill the prescriptions and then had to drive around more while me and Legz where waiting for them to be filled. When I got home I told Lucas all about our experience and said she is sleeping with us. I put those drops in her ear and that is when I saw it "The relief in her face from the pain". That made me feel even worse... So I spent the rest of the night cuddling with her.

3 comments:

Anisa said...

I can't believe she's never had an ear infection. Don't worry, it takes awhile to pick up on the signs.

nateandcj said...

Shel-
I am sorry... I feel the same way when one of my kids has something that I should have picked up on.... That picture of her is so darling!! You sure have a cutie on your hands!!! As for photos of me on my blog...maybe someday....just kidding, soon I promise.. As for the half, you train me and I will.... Really how do you do all of these runs? You are amazing and an inspiration to me!! If I can get in running shape I will for sure!

Lib-Dawg said...

So did she have it in Moab? At least you got it taken care of - that's cool that this is her first antibiotic (spelling)...most of my friends kids are always on meds, or so it seems.